Budget Buy Of The Month

Monday 24 February 2014


You all know how much I like a good hair products but when it comes to heat protection I can be a bit lazy. Its quite odd that I like to spend my money on expensive styling tools and shampoos but completely neglected the fact that it also needs protection from all the heat.

I think it was mostly down to the fact that I tried some of the heat sprays before and most of them either weight my hair down and made it look greasy or they made styling more difficult by being sticky so that my hair didn't feel soft and bouncy anymore.

So I gave up on them for quite some time until I came across the Loreal Elnett Satin Heat Styling Spray.
I like to spray a few pumps in my damp hair, brush it through with my hairbrush an then start blow drying it with a round brush. What I love about it is that its completely weightless and doesn't make you hair feel sticky or greasy. We all want that soft bouncy clean feeling on the day we washed our hair and this does just the trick. It even helps with flyaways and humidity and for £4.49 is an absolute bargain. As for the Volume, it says that it can "lock in volume for up to 3 days" but I think that's just a little bit to much of the advertising. While I do think it give you a little bit of hold throughout the day it certainly can not life up to a 3 day volume promise. My volume only ever last for one day, as soon as my head hits the pillow, that volume is gone!!
But as a heat protection styling spray its definitely doing a great job! Will be a repurchase!

Have you got a heat protecting spray that I need to know about then leave me a comment, I would love to know!


SHOP THE POST

24 comments :

  1. Amazing! Sounds like I need to get my hands on this xxx



    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do and let me know if you like it as much as I do!

      Delete
  2. Wow...you got some great products dear...:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rashmi, I am glad you like my posts!!

      Delete
  3. Awesome review need to purchase and try out.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie, if you are like me and like to blow dry your hair you will like it, I am sure!!

      Delete
  4. This product sounds amazing.
    Fingers crossed they sell this in Canada.
    On a side note I love your blog thanks for stopping by mine :)
    TarteTanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya, I hope you will find it. They also do other versions of it. One for straight, for curly and this one for volume.

      Delete
  5. I've tried the straight hair version of this and love it, they can be a little wet but they don't leave my hair damp or crispy I quite like them always on offer in Boots too :D x

    http://subjectbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking of buying the straight one next. Does it make your hair nice and frizz free??

      Delete
  6. This sounds so great. I definitely want to give it a try after I finish my Tresemme Heat Tamer spray.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you do. How are you getting on with the tresemme one??

      Delete
  7. excellent tip! i didn`t know this product and i will try
    kisses....

    zapatosrojosmoda.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, I hope you will like it as much as I did!!

      Delete
  8. This sounds amazing! I'll have to keep my eyes out for it :)

    BeyondBlush

    ReplyDelete
  9. excellent overview. very interesting)

    mary-tur.ru

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm actually using this at the moment and can't decided whether I love or hate it. I think it's a bit too heavy for me and I'm blaming it somewhat on the extra grease in my hair (I've got very oily hair anyway) but just trying to work out whether it's when used with certain shampoos etc. One thing I know I don't like is the spray on it… I love the idea but it feels unnecessarily clunky and awkward when I spray - I appreciate this could be completely personal and ridiculous on my part!

    I've previously used the V05 one which is a bargain and I think I might prefer but need to give it another try when this runs out.

    WOW that was a long comment!

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like this feature - budget buy posts are some of my favourite to read! I always feel like LOreal are a slightly more expensive brand of hairspray, but well worth the price as they never feel horrible in my hair.

    http://ninegrandstudent.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks great! Thanks for sharing, my hair tends to go flat very quickly so I rarely leave it down but this looks like it might just do the job plus the price tag looks appealing!

    Yasmeen x
    http://themirroraffects.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog.
It means a lot to me.
Eve